“Jeff is the best I have ever seen. His style and his message transcend geographic or cultural boundaries and he has an innate ability to touch a young person’s heart and mind like no one I have ever seen. – Karen Musante, President & CEO, PFEW
Why do school communities invest in Youth Motivational Speaker, Jeff Yalden?
For nearly three decades Jeff has been speaking in education to students, teachers, counselors, parents, and coaches. He’s the most highly sought after speaker for high school assemblies and middle school assemblies working with schools on teen and staff relationships, building school culture, and talking teen mental health awareness, most specifically, Jeff specializes in crisis intervention and teen suicide.
Jeff Yalden is a motivator. He brings motivation and a positive message whether it is talking to teens about life or suicide prevention. As Jeff says, “My talk is about life. I’ll talk about the subject to the depth of the conversation with school administrators to see what exactly we are going to talk about. I can bring fun and truth, and I can bring real, truth, and feelings. I like to ultimately leave everyone feeling good, but sometimes there are triggers and we need to deal with students or teachers wanting to talk more.“
Watch these two videos of Jeff speaking:
High School & Middle School Motivational and Mental School Health Assemblies
(Always Motivational, Inspiring, and Captivating!)
Finding the Perfect Speaker for your Event
Your job is to find an Educational Motivational Speaker, Youth Motivational Speaker, or Speaker for your Teacher In-Service Programs that will provide that ‘defining moment’ or that ‘Ah-Ha’ Moment! for the audience(s) you are inquiring about, right? Well, look no further, because Jeff has mastered the art of speaking to teens in every setting, every venue, to every type of teenager or young adult.
When you asked me if I thought I was beautiful on the inside as I was on the out, I didn’t know what to say. You were right when you said I didn’t think I was. One day I hope I do think I’m beautiful on the inside as I am on the out. Thank you for giving me your sweaty bracelet. I’m going to wear it everyday.” – T. H., Student
Jeff Yalden was Broken as a Teen
A troubled, misguided, and broken teen, Jeff Yalden enlisted in the United States Marine Corps a year after high school and excelled from there. In 1992, stationed in Florida he started speaking to high school students and fell in love. His honorable discharge in 1994, Jeff moved back to New Hampshire and started teaching and coaching at Hollis-Brookline High School. His dream was to speak and talk to students about his life, his choices, and his attitude. Today, so much has changed in Jeff and his message. In 30 years, a lot changes period.
Jeff is better today than he ever was. He’s having more fun. He’s more present. He’s more engaged. Jeff is real and doesn’t apologize for it. Yet, he’s safe and more appropriate than ever. Jeff knows who he is and doesn’t need validation. Jeff will be a HERO in any setting. People love his compassion, his heart, his humor and truth. Jeff cares and you’ll notice right away the big man has a heart that is bigger than his presence.
Educational Motivational Speaker, Since 1992
“You were the first speaker that actually didn’t put us to sleep, kept us on our toes, and actually made good enough points for us to take into consideration. You did not lecture us, but instead took your life and helped us realize what the consequences of our actions may be one day. Everyone took your message to heart.” – Student, Canada
Jeff has presented for FFA, SADD, FBLA, STUCO, FCCLA, FHA, DECA, FEA, HOSA, and every youth leadership conference you can think of.
Literally thousands of high school motivational assemblies and middle school motivational assemblies.
The SEARCH Institute, University of Michigan, and Notre Dame University; the National Guard, Milton Hershey School, Walter Reed Medical Facility for wounded soldiers, and many Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence have commissioned Jeff to come speak to their audiences. Even Juvenile Detention Homes, Psychiatric Hospitals, Allstate Insurance, General Motors, D&B, and hospitals.
in 2002, Jeff received the highest designation “Certified Speaking Professional – CSP” from the National Speakers Association. This distinction has been earned by less than 7% of all professional speakers worldwide.
Seventy million viewers watched Teen Life Coach, Jeff Yalden, on America’s longest running reality show, MTV Made.
Igniting Positive Change
“The entire time you spoke, I was on the edge of my seat eager to hear more.” – R. R., Student
- Character & Integrity
- Living with Authenticity
- Values, Morals, and Self-Respect
- Self-Esteem & Personal Power
- Responsibility & Obligations
- Relationships – Family & Friends
- Respect for yourself and others
- Learning from our mistakes
- Choosing friends wisely
- Overcoming adversity
- Making positive choices
- How the choices teens make today will impact their future
- Changing how we think, how we feel, and how we act
- Not letting our past determine our future
- Our success in life requires positive choices and taking action towards our goals
- There is life after high school.
- The importance of attitude and how it affects our life
- Attitude, Gratitude, and Acceptance
- Don’t give people the power over your emotions.
- We Never Have Time To Do Things Right, but We Always Have Time To Do Things Over . . .
- Happiness is HOW you live your LIFE.
- Have the Courage to Dance like nobody watches, Sing like nobody listens, and to live like nobody lives.
- LOVE of Family and Friends
- It Will Be OK . . . It will ALWAYS be OK!
- TAKE TIME TO THINK
“In my twenty-five years of education, I have witnessed a number of speakers and program for both student and staff. However, in that time, never have I experienced an individual who had such a positive impact of both groups. Very simply stated, Jeff took Manchester Middle School by storm.” – K. Burger, Asst. Superintendent Manchester Township, Lakehurst, NJ
Reference Letters (Click Here)
Where Jeff Speaks
- Teen Motivational Speaker events – High School Motivational School Assemblies, Teacher In-Service Suicide Prevention Training Programs and Online Course, Parents & Families, Suicide Prevention and Teen Mental Health
- Middle School, Elementary, and High School Motivational Assemblies
- Parent and Community Programs Teen Mental Health
- Teen Leadership Keynote Addresses
- Conference Keynote Addresses and Teen Mental Health Workshop Sessions
- Teen Summits
- Communities looking for a speaker for their teens
- At-Risk Youth Programs
- Juvenile & Youth Detention Facilities
- Gangs and Gang Communities
- Teacher & Staff In-Service Programs Teen Suicide Prevention and Teen Mental Health
- Teen Mental Health Awareness – Teen Depression, Teen Suicide, Teen Suicide Prevention
- Disability Conferences
- Other special events
“After your speech I immediately called my mother and told her I loved her. You truly made me feel like a real human being for the first time.” – C. K., PA
Jeff’s Areas of Expertise
Jeff is a professional wherever he goes and understands teens and their behaviors. He expertly talks with teens, teachers, counselors, and parents about teen life, teen mental health, and teen relationships.
The popular message, ‘About Life’ is tailored to meet your needs, whether it be about testing, violence, bullying, mental health, suicide, suicide prevention programs/training, drugs and alcohol, respect, responsibilities, or attitude and choices. He delivers. With nearly three decades speaking in education, Jeff has stories.
Jeff will ask you to fill out a pre-program questionnaire to understand the objectives and your expectations. He wants to know the theme of your event, so that he can tailor his message to meet your needs. Jeff invests in you. He invests in your students and your community.
The most popular topics include:
- Teen Motivation
- School Standardized Testing
- Teen Mental Health – Anxiety and Depression
- Teen Suicide, Teen Suicide Prevention, and Teen Crisis Intervention
- Relationships – Teachers/Staff/Parents and Students/Teens
- Sexting and Social Media
- Teen Bullying, Cyber-Bullying, Texting, Sexting, and Social Media
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse
- Families, Friends, and thy Self
- Self-Esteem and Self-Respect
- Violence and Gangs
- Internet Safety