As a Youth Motivational Speaker & Coach, Jeff Hears Their Cries
Why Teens want to speak to Jeff Yalden
- They’re afraid you’re going to try and fix it
- They’re afraid you’re going to judge them
- You’re going to tell them they’re overreacting
- You don’t understand the pressure of being a teen
- You’re not going to take them seriously
- They’re afraid of being a burden
- They can’t figure out how they’re feeling themselves
- They feel you won’t value their feelings, thoughts, and emotions
Teens don’t trust adultsSounds crazy, but it’s true and that is why they’re not reaching out to their trusted adults. Ask many teens who their trusted adult is and they’ll tell you they don’t have one. Scared, isolated, and teens feel alone and a disappointment. They’re not speaking because they are afraid to burden their closest adults with their problems. They know how stressful life is for you that they don’t want to overwhelm you with their problems.
“I wanted to say “Thank You” for letting me thing that I do belong here and I am special. I am loved and that I don’t need to end it all to get what I want.I will never forget everything you said to everyone.” – Student, OH
Two Questions Teens Need Answered
- Can I trust you?
- Do you care about me?
Teen Pressures are Overwhelming
Teen Suicide: Is your Teen Next?
Two Reasons Teens Want to End Their LivesThere are two specific reasons teens start thinking about wanting to end their lives.
- They feel alone
- They feel they’re a disappointment